At OneTree Yoga we desire to create a joyful space to safely explore Self-discovery. Be aware that your energy affects this space and the beings around you. Please leave anything (and everything) at the door that does not contribute to creating peace and equanimity…it will still be there after class if you still want it back! Please remember the following:
- Arrive early to allow time to sign in, settle in and align your attitude with the intention of your practice. While waiting for class to start, begin to warm up by stretching or practicing a pose or sit quietly, breathe and get centered.
- If you do arrive late, quietly enter and find a space quickly. Wait till after the initial centering/meditation before grabbing props and adjusting your practice space.
- Keep our studio clean by removing shoes before entering.
- Turn off cell phones, pagers, anything that makes noise.
- Come with an open mind and an open heart. Take time after class to reflect on your experience and embody the teachings you have acquired from the practice.
- Come on an empty stomach. Do not eat a heavy meal 2-3 hours before class. A light snack, something easily digested such as fruit or yogurt, is appropriate up to 30 minutes before class.
- Listen closely to your body in order to practice safely. If at any time you feel sharp shooting pain in any pose, slowly come out and rest. Inform the teacher if you are feeling this sort of pain.
- If you have injuries or limitations that will affect your yoga experience, let the teacher know before class. Please modify your practice as needed if injured or tired.
- Teachers will offer hands-on adjustments to help you find optimal alignment and freedom in your poses. If you are uncomfortable with this, let the teacher know before class.
- Keep your eyes on your own practice.
- Please bring your own sticky mat. We do offer complimentary mats to those who need one. If you use our mats, please wipe them down with the spray cleaner and rag provided after use. Pick up and neatly put away any props you use.
- Wear clothes that are easy to move in and comfortably hug your body. Remove jewelry and watches that may get in the way. This will assist the teacher in providing appropriate verbal and hands-on adjustments to move you safely deeper into poses.
- Most importantly enjoy this special time and have FUN!